Basic practice kit
* Clean, plain white keikogi (practice uniform)
* Obi (belt); white for kyu grades, black for yudansha
* Hakama (worn only by Dan grades)
* Zori (sandals or flip-flops)
* Bokken (wooden sword)
* Jo (4 foot oak staff)
* Tanto (short wooden knife)
We also recommend you buy a simple slip-case to take your weapons to and from training, as carrying weapons openly (even wooden ones) is not a good idea.
If you need any help choosing or finding appropriate equipment, just ask anyone at the club.
We are pleased to be a Giri ("Loyalty") customer of Nine Circles, who specialise in good quality clothing and equipment for the Japanese budo disciplines.