Training fees are as follows:
* Annual club membership: £20
* Annual student insurance: £6
* Mat fee (per session): £5
The membership and mat fees cover the following costs:
- Hire of training locations (both premises are operated by third parties, who charge us a fee for the use of the mat space). Any surplus funds also help us keep the mat fee to a consistent £5 on those occasions where there are not enough people present to cover the cost of the premises.
- Instructors' insurance and CRB certification.
- Ensuring that members can buy aikido clothing and equipment at a reasonable cost, so that the cost does not represent a barrier to practice.
- Costs (travel, accommodation) of visiting senior instructors.